This policy covers the following topics:
- Information we collect
- How we use and share your personal information
- Protection of your information
- Access to and correction of your information
- How long we hold your information for
- Changes to this policy
- How to get in touch with us
Information we collect
When using or seeking to purchase our products we collect the information you provide to us including:
- Personal information such as your name, address, date of birth, drivers licence number or other identification data
- Contact information such as your phone number and email address
- Financial information such as partial card numbers and card expiry dates (we do not collect or hold full card numbers, which are held by the payment gateway), and your repayment and default (if any) history.
In addition we may collect information from you when you communicate with us or our service providers (in writing or verbally) such as communicating with our customer support or when you participate in any survey, promotion or competition we may run.
We may also access information that is available publicly, such as on public and subscribed registers, and details you have shared publicly on social media platforms, which may be used to supplement our customer database.
We may also collect information from your computer or device in relation to your use of our website such as IP address, activity logs, cookie and browser identifiers, operating system identifiers and location identifiers.
Using and sharing your personal information
We will primarily use your information in order for us to provide our services to you or assess your suitability for us to provide such services.
We may use your information to:
- Make decisions to provide you with our services, including evaluating your creditworthiness or verifying your identity;
- Provide to our third party service providers to assist us in determining your identity or suitability for our services;
- Provide you with our services, including the arrangement of the instalment plan and responding to any queries and providing any information about us;
- Improve, customise and enhance our services, platform and website;
- Manage your scheduled instalment payments and default fees (if any) and manage the services we provide;
- Communicate with you via phone, text message, notifications, email or post and otherwise to manage our relationship with you;
- Manage and prevent fraud and other risks to our business;
- Provide you with marketing materials and other news updates and promotions with respect to our products and services. You may elect to opt out of any marketing information we send to you by following the link in any relevant information;
- Comply with any relevant law;
- Contribute to statistical and analytical data relating to your buying habits.
We do not sell or provide access to your personal information to third parties for them to market direct to you. However, we may share your personal information with third parties for the following purposes:
- Provide to payment system providers or retailers in order to manage a transaction or respond to a query or complaint or improve their service offering;
- Provide to third party cloud based storage service providers, who may be located overseas;
- Enforcing our rights including debt collection and assigning debts to third party debt collection agencies;
- Providing your information to our investors, potential acquirers and/or financiers;
- Provide to our commercial partners to enable them to improve their services to us and to you;
- Provide to credit agencies information relating to your instalment arrangements with us including your repayment history and any non- compliance or default history. A credit reporter may hold such information on their database and use it for providing credit reporting services to other users of the credit bureau.
Where your personal information has been utilised in the development of any statistical or analytical data and has been anonymised, we may sell, distribute and disclose such data to retailers and other third parties.
Protection and storage of your personal information
Your personal information will predominantly be stored in electronic form in secure cloud based data centres located in New Zealand or overseas that may be owned by third parties. Your personal information may also be stored in paper form. All such information whether electronically or physically stored is kept secure using generally accepted standards of security.
Access and correction of your personal information
You can request access to or correction of your personal information by contacting us using the details below.
We use technology known as “cookies” to collect information about you when internet browsing or device applications. Cookies can record information about your visit to our website. This enables us to provide a more customised experience next time you visit. You can switch off cookies by adjusting your web browser settings.
How long we hold your information
We will hold your personal information for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which we collected it for and in order to comply with any relevant law.
PCI DSS Policy
For security purposes, JDK does not keep or hold your full debit or credit card data. We use eWay as our payment gateway. eWay adhere to a comprehensive set of requirements created by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council for ensuring the safe handling of sensitive customer debit and credit card data. eWAY is tier-one PCI DSS compliant—as externally audited by Stratsec (QSA)—ensuring the highest security standards set by Visa and MasterCard.
Changes to this policy
How to get in touch with us
If you have any questions on this policy or on any personal information we have collected, including a request that we correct some information we hold about you, you can contact us